Information on this website is drawn from a variety of sources. The key public sources are listed below. All links open in a new window.
- Geography: ONS - Open Geography portal
- GSS codes: ONS coding system - Wikipedia, ONS Codes April 2019
- Council Tax: Council Tax levels
- Deprivation: English indices of deprivation, OpenDataCommunities, Scotland, Wales
- LA names: GOV.UK Registers - England, Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland. Also see Registers.
- Political control: Wikipedia - Political make-up of local councils and Open Council Data UK
- Local elections 2019: Wikipedia and Open Council Data UK
- EU Referendum 2016: The Electoral Commission
- Population: ONS - Population estimates
- Expenditure classification: CIPFA SeRCOP codes (these replace BVACOP from 2016). Also see Classifications below.
- Procurement classification: ProClass, CPV, NSV & UNSPCC codes Also see Classification codes below.
- Spend: 'Spend over £500' pages on individual local authority websites
- Web rating: Socitm - Better Connected surveys
- Departments: Government organisations - departments, agencies etc
- Public Bodies: Public Bodies i.e. quangos
- Organisation names: Government organisation names and websites. Also see Registers.
- Spend: 'Spend over £25000' pages for individual departments on GOV.UK
- Major projects: Progress on projects in the Major Projects Portfolio
- data.gov.uk: e.g DFID spend over £500
- Sales: G-Cloud, DOS & DS - Sales information
- Suppliers: Data.gov.uk - CloudStore catalogue (not up to date)
- Spend: NHS England - spend over £25,000
- CCGs: NHS England - CCG Directory, GOV.UK Register of CCGs
- CCG spend: Data.gov.uk - CCG and Spend query
- Charity number: CharityData
- Company number: Companies House and OpenCorporates. GOV.UK Register is under development.
- SIC codes: Companies House - SIC 2008 and OpenCorporates and GOV.UK SIC Register
- DUNS number: Crown Commercial Service - Suppliers and UPIK lookup
- Contracts/Tenders: Open Opps, Contracts Finder and OJEU - TED
- VAT numbers: VIES VAT number validation
- Country codes: GOV.UK Country register and ISO 3166 via OKFN Datahub
- World Bank: Data catalog e.g GDP
- OECD: Data
- Classification codes: Search facility for codes & text is in progress
- Organisation identifiers: org-id.guide
If you have any queries regarding the use of data sources on this website please contact firstname.lastname@example.org