|Project name: ||Incapacity Benefit Reassessment - there are 2 reports for this project: 2013, 2014 |
|Google search: ||Google search on project name (opens in new window) |
|Organisation: ||DWP (D10) - see all reports for this organisation |
|Report year: ||2013 (data is from Sept 2012) |
|Category: ||Transformation - see all reports for this category |
|Description: ||The IB (IS) Reassessment Project delivered the reassessment of all Incapacity Benefits claimants, all those claiming Income Support on grounds of incapacity, and working age claimants of Severe Disablement Allowance, for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) using the Work Capability Assessment. Reassessment commenced October 2010 and will complete in 2014. The Project objectives are:
1) IB customers who are assessed as being entitled to ESA gain from a new, simpler, more active benefit - those not entitled will have IB withdrawn.
2) Everyone who is able, engages with back to work support including through the Work Programme.
3) Through the Work Capability Assessment, we ensure that the right people are on the right benefit and subject to the appropriate conditionality.
4) All disabled people and people with health conditions are treated equally over time and receive fair levels of financial support.
5) Administration on the same systems for all those on incapacity benefits, cutting down on error and dual provision.
6) A transfer to new systems that is as seamless as possible, with claimants' rate of payment protected as part of the transition and no administration interruption in payment. |
|DCA (RAG): ||Green |
|DCA text: ||Incapacity Benefit Reassessment is on schedule and is expected to complete as planned in April 2014. |
|Start date: ||2009-07-09 |
|End date: ||2012-03-23 |
|Schedule text: ||Progress against target is monitored monthly. Published statistics show that up to August 2012 700,000 cases had undergone reassessment with 29% being found fit for work, 41% moved to the ESA Work Related Activity Group, and 30% moved to the ESA Support Group |
|Baseline: ||£143.60m |
|Forecast: ||£140.99m |
|Variance: ||-1.82% |
|Variance text: ||Project has a minor variance of 2.61% against budget when transferred to operations due to slightly lower contract charges. |
|Whole Life Cost: ||£891.80m |
|WLCost text: ||Budgeted whole life costs are on track as per Business Case. |
|Notes1: || |
|Notes2: || |
|Sourcefile: ||DWP_2013.csv |
All Projects (+dates)
All Projects (+costs)
Acknowledgement: GMPP data has been re-used under the Open Government Licence.