|Project name: ||London, North East and Scotland Franchise Competition - there is only one report for this project |
|Google search: ||Google search on project name (opens in new window) |
|Organisation: ||DFT (D9) - see all reports for this organisation |
|Report year: ||2014 (data is from Sept 2013) |
|Category: ||Infrastructure - see all reports for this category |
|Description: ||The purpose of the project is to deliver a contract with the successful bidding organisation for the next London, North East and Scotland rail franchise and to do this in such as way that meets the requirements of the overall franchising programme objectives and the Department's value for money and affordability requirements. To provide a franchise contract that meets the objectives agreed by the Secretary of State as set out in Section 4 of the approved project mandate v3.0, in summary being:
1. Deliver consistently excellent standards in customer service
2. Develop and exploit the full potential within existing rail markets, grow new markets, spread demand and improve seat utilisation, innovate and invest in partnerships to tackle capacity constraints and improve industry planning for demand.
3. Deliver consistently excellent train and station services as well as managing journey disruption in ways that measurably impress passengers and minimise their inconvenience.
4. Increase the long term value to the taxpayer of the franchise businesses, their resources, staff and assets through improvements in overall management and investment.
5. Achieve whole industry benefits
6. Deliver sustainable long term socio-economic benefits for communities and the wider UK economy |
|DCA (RAG): ||Amber |
|DCA text: ||The competition was restarted in March 2013. The Department continues to scrutinise project costs and schedule performance to ensure project remains on track. Key actions taken have included collating information on all dependencies relating to the project and reviewing the stakeholder engagement across the Rail Franchise Programme.
It was agreed with the MPA that future reporting would take place via a Rail Franchising Programme than individual projects due to the progress and development of the programme. |
|Start date: ||2013-03-26 |
|End date: ||2015-02-06 |
|Schedule text: ||Project progressing to the scheduled dates published in the March 2013 Programme PIN. These dates remain dependant on meeting the challenging timescales and incorporating the lessons learnt from the forerunning Essex Thameside & TSGN Franchise Projects. |
|Baseline: ||£0.00m |
|Forecast: ||£0.00m |
|Variance: ||None% |
|Variance text: ||n/a |
|Whole Life Cost: ||£0.00m |
|WLCost text: ||n/a |
|Notes1: || Exempt under Section 43(2) of the Freedom of Information Act (2000) Exempt under Section 43(2) of the Freedom of Information Act (2000) Exempt under Section 43(2) of the Freedom of Information Act (2000) Exempt under Section 43(2) of the Freedom of Information Act (2000) |
|Notes2: || |
|Sourcefile: ||IPA_2014.csv |
All Projects (+dates)
All Projects (+costs)
Acknowledgement: GMPP data has been re-used under the Open Government Licence.