|Project name: ||London Programme for IT - there are 2 reports for this project: 2013, 2014 |
|Google search: ||Google search on project name (opens in new window) |
|Organisation: ||DOH (D12) - see all reports for this organisation |
|Report year: ||2014 (data is from Sept 2013) |
|Category: ||ICT - see all reports for this category |
|Description: ||The purpose of the BT LSP (London) Programme is to support IT enabled transformation in the NHS in London to create a more efficient, joined-up and patient-led health service. The key objectives of the programme are to:
- Provide patients with more choice and control over their patient records
- Create a health service centred around the patient with health information following patients where they are receiving treatment
- Provide health professionals and patients with better access to information and enhance the quality of clinical information so that decisions about patient care and treatment can be made quickly and efficiently based on secure and up-to-date healthcare records.
- Help health professionals deliver better patient care by improving the way NHS staff connect with each other across organisational boundaries and provide them with faster, easier access to reliable electronic patient information
- transform the way information flows around the health service and help to provide improved and innovative patients services in London.
This will be achieved by delivering modern IT systems and services to the NHS in a flexible, efficient and effective way to enable trusts to tailor solutions to support local needs and priorities.
This contract lasts until 31 October 2015. |
|DCA (RAG): ||Amber/Green |
|DCA text: ||Although deployments are complex, significant additional functionality can be deployed before the end of the programme.
A Programme Assurance Review occurred in February 2014 (joint between CSC and BT LSP Programmes). Its recommendations were focused on accelerating exit from the contracts, and gaining clarity on the strategy and relative system responsibilities after the LSP contracts expire. Action planning and activity is occurring, with an assurance of action plan expected summer 2014. |
|Start date: ||2003-12-18 |
|End date: ||2015-10-30 |
|Schedule text: ||Significant deployments are planned this financial year, and the significant majority of them have now been deployed (including arresting some previous delays) (e.g. supporting a significant new electronic patient record system going live in Croydon Health Services NHS Trust on 30 September 2013, or the upgrades to the RiO electronic patient record system in Community and Mental Health care settings.) |
|Baseline: ||£149.58m |
|Forecast: ||£188.15m |
|Variance: ||25.79% |
|Variance text: ||Budget figures reflect a previous financial model - Change Control Notice 3 (CCN3). Approval of a new financial model (CCN4) will lead to updated figures in future GMPP returns (and were subsequently updated on approval of the CCN4 Full Business Case in October 2013). |
|Whole Life Cost: ||£628.20m |
|WLCost text: ||Whole Life Costs only represent those from August 2011 onwards in line with the signature date for Change Control Note 4 (CCN4). They will change in the next quarterly return as costs prior to CCN4 will also be included. |
|Notes1: || |
|Notes2: || |
|Sourcefile: ||IPA_2014.csv |
All Projects (+dates)
All Projects (+costs)
Acknowledgement: GMPP data has been re-used under the Open Government Licence.