|Project name: ||Logistics Commodities Services Transformation - there are 6 reports for this project: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 |
|Google search: ||Google search on project name (opens in new window) |
|Organisation: ||MOD (D17) - see all reports for this organisation |
|Report year: ||2014 (data is from Sept 2013) |
|Category: ||Military - see all reports for this category |
|Description: ||The rationale for LCS(T) is built around the need for a future operating structure that adopts the core fundamentals;
- A first principle of certainty of Military supply and;
- A secondary principle of cost minimisation.
The scope includes all activity that the LCS Operating Centre is currently responsible for with the exception of British Forces Post Office (BFPO), Disposal Services Agency, Bulk Fuels, Blood Products and Medical Counter Measures.
The activity within scope falls into four broad areas - 1. supply chain integration, 2. commodity procurement and inventory management 3. storage of 'non explosive' stock items and 4. distribution of 'non-explosives' and munitions |
|DCA (RAG): ||Exempt FOI |
|DCA text: ||Having released the Invitation to Negotiate (ITN) at the end of December 2013 the project team have been able to commence the formal engagement/negotiation with the commercial bidders. The process is progressing well.
In parallel to the negotiation process further actions have been taken to ensure greater delivery confidence. These actions include;
- the implementation of an improved integrated approvals and assurance process across MOD, HMT and Cabinet Office;
- strengthening of the governance structure to include other government departments that will be key decision makers in the process (the establishment of a Sponsoring Group, a senior level governance group Chaired by the MOD with representation from HMT and Cabinet Office);
- enhancement of the team developing the in-house proposal to ensure that the output produced reflects the best that can be achieved within the public sector framework. |
|Start date: ||2011-08-01 |
|End date: ||2018-02-01 |
|Schedule text: ||No change |
|Baseline: ||£7.14m |
|Forecast: ||£7.14m |
|Variance: ||0.00% |
|Variance text: ||N/A |
|Whole Life Cost: ||£0.00m |
|WLCost text: ||Exempt under Section 43 of the Freedom of Information Act (2000) |
|Notes1: || Exempt under Section 43 of the Freedom of Information Act (2000) Exempt under Section 43 of the Freedom of Information Act (2000) |
|Notes2: || |
|Sourcefile: ||IPA_2014.csv |
All Projects (+dates)
All Projects (+costs)
Acknowledgement: GMPP data has been re-used under the Open Government Licence.