|Project name: ||Conditionality Package - there is only one report for this project |
|Google search: ||Google search on project name (opens in new window) |
|Organisation: ||DWP (D10) - see all reports for this organisation |
|Report year: ||2015 (data is from Sept 2014) |
|Category: ||Transformation - see all reports for this category |
|Description: ||The Departments Conditionality Package supports a core principle that underpins the Governments welfare reform policies: increasing what is required of claimants in exchange for benefits, and strengthening how the Department monitors compliance with that increased conditionality.
The following conditionality and compliance measures make up the package:
1. Day One Conditionality claimants are required to demonstrate positive job seeking behaviours from day one of their claim by ensuring they have an e-mail address, high quality CV and are registered with Universal Jobmatch.
2. Weekly Work Search Reviews 50 per cent of pre-Work Programme Job Seekers Allowance (JSA) claimants and Universal Credit (UC) claimants are subject to intensive work search requirements.
3. Quarterly Work Search Interviews pre-Work Programme claimants in receipt of JSA, and UC claimants subject to intensive work search requirements, are required to attend a 20 minute advisory interview every 13 weeks.
4. English Language Requirements claimants being screened to see if they can communicate in English (very basic speaking skills) and, as necessary, mandated to an assessment and English Language training.
5. Increasing Lone Parent Conditionality for certain groups of lone parents aged 18 and over and nominated carers. |
|DCA (RAG): ||Amber |
|DCA text: ||An MPA review was completed in November 2014. The Delivery Confidence assessment reflects that:
All previous MPA review recommendations have been implemented.
All Jobcentres were live with Day 1 Conditionality and Weekly Work Search Reviews and had achieved 50 per cent for Weekly Work Search Reviews by the end of October 2014.
All of the other measures (Quarterly Work Search, Increasing Lone Parent Conditionality and English Language Requirements England only) were live from April 2014, with English Language Requirements going live in Scotland and Wales from 27 November 2014. |
|Start date: ||2013-12-19 |
|End date: ||2015-04-23 |
|Schedule text: ||With all measures in the SR13 Conditionality package now introduced, the Programme remains on plan to complete implementation. |
|Baseline: ||£135.02m |
|Forecast: ||£136.16m |
|Variance: ||1.00% |
|Variance text: ||n/a |
|Whole Life Cost: ||£1,902.28m |
|WLCost text: ||The Department will deliver the SR13 conditionality package within the agreed budgeted whole life costs (as set out in the business case June 2014) and this is managed within the framework of all labour market packages to monitor total performance against forecast. The whole life costs to 2023-24 include additional Jobcentre Plus advisers and Work Programme provider costs. |
|Notes1: || |
|Notes2: || |
|Sourcefile: ||IPA_2015.csv |
All Projects (+dates)
All Projects (+costs)
Acknowledgement: GMPP data has been re-used under the Open Government Licence.