|Project name: ||Broadband Delivery Programme - there are 6 reports for this project: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 |
|Google search: ||Google search on project name (opens in new window) |
|Organisation: ||DCMS (D5) - see all reports for this organisation |
|Report year: ||2016 (data is from Sept 2015) |
|Category: ||Infrastructure - see all reports for this category |
|Description: ||Phase 1: Delivering superfast broadband (24Mbs+) to 90% of UK premises by early 2016 and delivering universal standard broadband (2Mbps). BDUK investment of £530m and total public subsidy of £1.2billion to cover 4.1million superfast premises, delivered through 44 projects, and a small number of joint Rural Community Broadband Projects with DEFRA. Phase 2: Delivering superfast broadband (24Mbs+) to 95% of UK premises by December 2017, following Phase 1. BDUK investment of £250m, seeking to match with a further £250m of local/European funding, to cover 1 million premises. |
|DCA (RAG): ||Amber/Green |
|DCA text: ||Programme is Amber/Green and is on track to meet its objectives. |
|Start date: ||2010-12-06 |
|End date: ||2017-12-31 |
|Schedule text: ||The SRO has given the programme a rating of Amber/Green. Phase 1 and 2 have both been rated at Amber/Green individually - key milestones are being met as planned.
Phase 1 of the Superfast Broadband Programme is progressing well. It is on track for superfast broadband coverage to reach 90% of premises by 2016.
44 of the 47 Phase 2 contracts were signed by the end of June 2015 and some of these are in delivery. The remaining contracts - two Scottish projects and Devon & Somerset will commence procurement within the next six months and are dependent on State Aid prior to contract signature.
The Universal Service Commitment to provide access to basic broadband of 2MBs per second via satellite technology with superfast capable speeds launched at the end of September 2015 via a phased approach in West Yorkshire and Suffolk. BDUK are on track for the pilot to be extended nationwide by the end of December 2015. |
|Baseline: ||£250.00m |
|Forecast: ||£164.06m |
|Variance: ||-34.38% |
|Variance text: ||This data was correct as at Q2 2015/16.
1. Quarter 2 forecasts in 15/16 are based on supplier Milestone Payment Tables; they have been adjusted to factor in Phase 2 acceleration and to take account of those projects where efficiencies in delivery have led to BDUK grant funding covering further delivery and the coverage of more premises.
2. As a result, £8.8m of funding has been brought forward into financial year 15/16. The profile for future years continues to be based on modelling.
3. Current RDEL budgets end in 15/16. |
|Whole Life Cost: ||£1,910.11m |
|WLCost text: ||1. Whole life costs cover Government funding only for Phase 1 and Phase 2. Other sources of funding, including local authority and supplier investment are not included.
2. £6.9m has been profiled from Phase 1 into 16/17 for the implementation of the Universal Service commitment.
3. £10m announced by the Chancellor has been included in anticipation of the Ultrafast South West projects. (£5m in 16/17 and £5m 17/18) |
|Notes1: || |
|Notes2: || |
|Sourcefile: ||IPA_2016.csv |
All Projects (+dates)
All Projects (+costs)
Acknowledgement: GMPP data has been re-used under the Open Government Licence.