|Project name: ||ESA10/BPM6 Programme (European Systems of Accounting 2010) - there are 4 reports for this project: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 |
|Google search: ||Google search on project name (opens in new window) |
|Organisation: ||ONS (D303) - see all reports for this organisation |
|Report year: ||2016 (data is from Sept 2015) |
|Category: ||Transformation - see all reports for this category |
|Description: ||The ESA10 / BPM6 Programme manages the business change to ensure that the UK National Accounts (The Blue Book), The UK Balance of Payments (The Pink Book), the Quarterly National Accounts and other Quarterly and Monthly Publications, are produced in accordance with the new European standards / requirements contained in the international standards in the European System of Accounts (ESA10), Balance of Payments version 6 (BPM6) and the Manual of Government Deficit and Debt (MGDD). Implementation in accordance with ESA10 and BPM6 are or will be mandated by EU Regulations. All derogations (which have been agreed by Eurostat) are expected to be cleared by Blue Book 2018 with the programme closed after the completion of Blue Book 2019. |
|DCA (RAG): ||Amber/Green |
|DCA text: ||Departmental Narrative on RAG rating:
1. The Programme has made good progress in addressing the forecast overspends with the forecast for 16/17 now back on budget and a substantial number of savings identified for 17/18. However further savings will need to be identified for 17/18.
2. Resource challenges to meet the December deadlines for the Gross National Income (GNI) Inventory work.
Recent successes include:
1. Delivering the outstanding ESA95 GNI reservations with the submission of the GNI Questionnaire and Quality Report in September.
2. A significant milestone was achieved in September with the publication of the Q2 Quarterly National Accounts and Balance of Payments publication on 30 September which is consistent with Blue Book and Pink Book 15.
Actions on Delivery Confidence:
1. Alleviating budget pressures and providing more detailed forecasts for vacancies and activities, although there has been good progress made over the past month with developing a robust financial forecasting model.
2. Prioritising activity and resources to deliver the GNI Inventory by the December timescale. |
|Start date: ||2011-02-05 |
|End date: ||2020-03-30 |
|Schedule text: ||The Programme is on track with: Blue Book 15 published on October 2015 as planned; Gross National Income Inventory completed and submitted to Eurostat at end December 2015 achieving compliance with EU legislation.
Following internal approval in December, work is underway to initiate the new Economic Statistics Change Programme early in 2016/17 which will subsume ESA.
Formal initiation and closure of the ESA Programme from the GMPP will involve suitable assurance and is being discussed with IPA. |
|Baseline: ||£11.49m |
|Forecast: ||£9.45m |
|Variance: ||-17.78% |
|Variance text: ||The £2.0m variance was fully understood and managed. Two years experience of succesful delivery helped to determine a better value for money approach reasulting in actual expenditure being lower than the original business case budget.
Now that funds have been secured with the conclusion of the Settlement Review 2015, the budget will be aligned to the latest forecast and incorporated into the Economic Statistics Change Programme Business Case. |
|Whole Life Cost: ||£57.85m |
|WLCost text: ||Changes in Whole Life Costs are due to the Programme refining their approach based on two years experience of succesful delivery, improving Value for Money.
The reduction to Whole Life Costs and the increase to expected benefits will be incorporated into Economic Statistics Change Programme Business Case. |
|Notes1: || |
|Notes2: || |
|Sourcefile: ||IPA_2016.csv |
All Projects (+dates)
All Projects (+costs)
Acknowledgement: GMPP data has been re-used under the Open Government Licence.