|Project name: ||Procurement Transformation Programme - there are 3 reports for this project: 2017, 2018, 2019 |
|Google search: ||Google search on project name (opens in new window) |
|Organisation: ||DHSC (D12) - see all reports for this organisation |
|Report year: ||2018 (data is from Sept 2017) |
|Category: ||Transformation - see all reports for this category |
|Description: ||NHS Supply Chain - Future Operating Model1. To develop strategic approach to procure services to replace NHS Supply Chain contract2. To design the Future Operating Model (FOM) for NHS Supply Chain services with a view to delivering significant savings to the NHS by achieving the following: a) Increase compliance of NHS to purchase a standard range of clinically appropriate products b) Increase uptake/volume of product purchased via NHS Supply Chain c) Utilise increased buying power to affect purchasing behaviours d) Lower the cost of product for the NHS 3. To plan and implement the chosen operating model for NHS Supply Chain to ensure delivery of service beyond October 2018 |
|DCA (RAG): ||Amber |
|DCA text: ||The Programme Transformation Programme (PTP) is currently assessed as 'Amber' for the following reasons:
1. Good progress has been made across the various workstreams and approvals continue to be secured for the various business cases that have come forward.
2. The programme team have actioned the recommendations proposed following the Gateway 0, 2 & 3 IPA Review held in July 2017.
3. HM Treasury have indicated Cat Towers FBC maybe approved, this will conclude all Cat Towers procurements.
4. The core Programme team will be working with DH & IPA colleagues to assess, plan and deliver a Programme Assurance Review (PAR) on the ICC Build early December 2017.
5. Submission of Supporting Technologies, Transactional Services and Logistics business cases on schedule to start the approvals process from early December 2017. |
|Start date: ||2015-03-31 |
|End date: ||2019-03-31 |
|Schedule text: ||The PTP remains on schedule to deliver multiple new contracts to replace the single existing DHL NHS Supply Chain contract, currently managed by the NHS BSA by 1st October 2018.
The programme has a clear suite of products/tools required to enable successful delivery.
This will provide the NHS with an effective and efficient procurement of clinically rationalised goods, which can be procured through the NHS Supply Chain. |
|Baseline: ||£29.76m |
|Forecast: ||£26.34m |
|Variance: ||-11.00% |
|Variance text: ||Main factor is rephasing of Supporting Technology Transition workstream - in line with approved OBC. Also, some Intelligent Client Co-ordinator (ICC) Build expenditure rephased into 18/19 and some in year contingency released |
|Whole Life Cost: ||£134.15m |
|WLCost text: ||Whole life costs for PTP consist of both the capital and revenue spend associated with running the Programme and setting up the Future Operating Model (FOM) as detailed in the approved Programme Business Case. |
|Notes1: || |
|Notes2: || |
|Sourcefile: ||IPA_2018.csv |
All Projects (+dates)
All Projects (+costs)
Acknowledgement: GMPP data has been re-used under the Open Government Licence.